Resource: Issues and Challenges: for Industry Associations
Industry associations need to promote involvement in remanufacturing by their members through the dissemination of information and ideas and offering of appropriate assistance.
Tuesday, 21st November 2006
- Ensure members are aware of the full implications of impending producer responsibility legislation.
- Establish forums to define the meaning of sustainability in the context of their industry, and with proper consideration of remanufacturing benefits.
- Be more proactive in defining the role of recycling and remanufacture and the impact of design for these.
- Seek opportunities to promote sustainability metrics for the sector, including proper assessment of mass balance, materials benefits and economic value of activities.
- Create channels to assist members in establishing foreign remanufacturing bases, where these could create markets for goods not viable in UK markets, or as bases for re-import of remanufactured goods.
The European Remanufacturing Council (CER) is open for business
The European Commission has asked for a coordinated voice from EU-28 remanufacturing businesses. The Conseil Européen de Remanufacture will represent small and large businesses from all remanufactured product sectors. Register your interest now!
Request for stakeholder engagement from the Wuppertal Institute
The Wuppertal Institute are looking for reuse and remanufacturing stakeholders to contribute to two projects analysing the barriers to reuse and remanufacturing in Europe.