Resource: Issues and Challenges: for Industry Associations
Industry associations need to promote involvement in remanufacturing by their members through the dissemination of information and ideas and offering of appropriate assistance.
Tuesday, 21st November 2006
- Ensure members are aware of the full implications of impending producer responsibility legislation.
- Establish forums to define the meaning of sustainability in the context of their industry, and with proper consideration of remanufacturing benefits.
- Be more proactive in defining the role of recycling and remanufacture and the impact of design for these.
- Seek opportunities to promote sustainability metrics for the sector, including proper assessment of mass balance, materials benefits and economic value of activities.
- Create channels to assist members in establishing foreign remanufacturing bases, where these could create markets for goods not viable in UK markets, or as bases for re-import of remanufactured goods.
FER warns against engine reman fraud
The Federation of Engine Remanufacturers (FER) has asked the industry to be on the look-out for suspicious engine remanufacturers, after increased fraudulent activity and "sub-standard and unprofessional work".