Resource: Presentation: Closed Loop Manufacturing - how it drives competitive advantage
This presentation summarises the dissertation work of Laura Clise and colleagues at Thunderbird University in 2007/8.
Tuesday, 11th August 2009
- Identify the leading organizations developing and implementing closed-loop manufacturing systems
- Understand the challenges of designing, constructing and executing closed-loop systems
- Examine the role of 'reverse logistics' as a driver of additional costs or source of cost reductions and what the key determinants of profitability are
- Explore the role of government regulations requiring product take back and extended producer responsibility for full product lifecycles from manufacture to end of life disposition
- Determine whether closed-loop strategies theory actually works
Aircraft, Automobile, Battery, Building Material, Carpet, Computer, Consumer Packaged Goods, Cosmetic, Defense, Consumer Electronic, Food and Beverage, Footwear, The studey examined over 30 industries including: Home Furniture, Hospitality, Industrial Equipment, Mattress, Medical Imagery, Office Automation, Office Furniture, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Photocopier, Photography, Power Tool, Rail Service, Resin, Semiconductor, Steel, Telecommunications, Textile, Tire and Toy.
Download pdf files
The European Remanufacturing Council (CER) is open for business
The European Commission has asked for a coordinated voice from EU-28 remanufacturing businesses. The Conseil Européen de Remanufacture will represent small and large businesses from all remanufactured product sectors. Register your interest now!