Resource: Paper: A description of the design for end-of-life process
Global environmental challenges mean organisations must reduce their environmental impacts whilst maintaining profit margins. Landfill and recycling are common practices but are short-term solutions that overlook the potential for long-term gains.
Monday, 10th August 2009
- Describe the possible treatments for EoL products
- Describe the process of deciding the appropriate EoL treatment for a product
- Illustrate design strategies to optimize the EoL treatment of a product
AudienceThis guidance will be useful to all employees working for organisations involved in the design and manufacture of products, but particularly designers and engineers. This guidance will offer most benefit to users with little or no training (either formal or through professional experience) in the consideration of EoL. It will be relevant to designers and engineers within the following types of organisation:
- Manufacturers with established product ranges and business models, not already designed to optimise EoL
- Design consultancies and manufacturers with little or no experience in the consideration of EoL
- Organisations without CSR departments to advise on EoL strategies. This will be particularly applicable to SMEs
Download pdf files
Remanufacturing Industries Council Announces Historic Alliance of Remanufacturing Organizations
PRESS RELEASE: The Remanufacturing Industries Council (RIC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with four remanufacturing business associations, each representing a different sector within the remanufacturing industry.
CRR contributes to Circular Economy report
Scaling the circular economy in Europe offers investment opportunities worth EUR320 billion, according to a new report produced by SYSTEMIQ with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and with input from the CRR.
Request for stakeholder engagement from the Wuppertal Institute
The Wuppertal Institute are looking for reuse and remanufacturing stakeholders to contribute to two projects analysing the barriers to reuse and remanufacturing in Europe.