News: Invitation to ERN Workshop on Remanufacturing in Glasgow
An ERN Workshop will be held on 13 September in Glasgow. Its purpose is to learn more about remanufacturing business models, processes and product design, with presentations from ERN Project members.
Wednesday, 13th July 2016
This workshop will take place on Tuesday 13th September 2016 from 9.30am to 7pm at the Technology and Innovation Centre, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
The ERN workshops are arranged for different sectors and with different focuses in locations across Europe. The overall aim is that companies from different sectors will meet and share knowledge to improve their own business, and find a match with other companies to start common businesses. The workshop involves:
- Presenting best practices in remanufacturing business model, design and process.
- Discussing how to overcome remanufacturing challenges and promote remanufacturing business.
The workshop is being co-hosted by The Scottish Institute for Remanufacture (SIR), a Centre of Excellence for Remanufacturing . The main objectives of SIR are:
- Increase innovation through stimulating and co-funding collaborative projects between industry and universities.
- Increase activity and engagement from the academic community to build capacity.
- Establish the Scottish remanufacturing community.
Registration for the Workshop is free. Please visit the weblink below for the agenda and to register by 14th August 2016. Attendance is limited to 70 attendees.
Download pdf files
The European Remanufacturing Council (CER) is open for business
The European Commission has asked for a coordinated voice from EU-28 remanufacturing businesses. The Conseil Européen de Remanufacture will represent small and large businesses from all remanufactured product sectors. Register your interest now!