News: CRR response to the Environmental Audit Committee inquiry on 'Growing a circular economy'
The CRR has submitted written evidence highlighting the UK constraints and opportunities in remanufacturing, in response to the Environmental Audit Committees inquiry on 'Growing a circular economy'
Monday, 9th June 2014
The CRR's response to the Environmental Audit Committees inquiry on 'Growing a circular economy' focuses on 5 key points:
- Circulate products not waste
- A product not a materials focus will maximise value and environmental benefit
- Need to de-risk purchase - the role of standards - BS8887-220 "Second hand does not equal second rate"
- Grow demand through public procurement
- Increase publicity for the approach, incorporate into strategic thinking
Download pdf files
FER warns against engine reman fraud
The Federation of Engine Remanufacturers (FER) has asked the industry to be on the look-out for suspicious engine remanufacturers, after increased fraudulent activity and "sub-standard and unprofessional work".